Li’l Woody’s is dedicated to combining burgers you love with flavors you didn’t know could be possible. In our most ambitious collab to date, we along with Seattle Met Magazine, are proud to announce #SeattleBurgerMonth: a partnership with four top chefs from all around the Pacific Northwest bringing you gourmet burgers that will test the boundaries of your foodie imagination.
Throughout March 2015, we’ll be featuring a new burger each week. From fried chicken skin to pickled serranos, you won’t want to miss these one-of-a-kind concoctions. And if you manage to try each burger, we’re rewarding you with an exclusive “I Survived Burger Month” t-shirt!
Here’s a quick rundown of our feature chefs & when you can catch their respective burgers:
Maria Hines: 3/3/15 – 3/9/15
Maria Hines is the head chef / owner of The Golden Beetle in Ballard. The winner of numerous awards, including the 2009 James Beard Award for Best Chef in the Northwest, Hines has been making noise in the chef game since 2003, even emerging victorious in Iron Chef America’s “Battle of Pacific Cod”. Hines now owns 3 restaurants (including Tilth and Agrodolce) with the highly esteemed organic certification from Oregon Tilth, and is sure to bring something amazing to Burger Month.
Learn more about Maria and her restaurants at www.mariahinesrestaurants.com
Matt Dillon: 3/10/15 – 3/16/15
Matt Dillon is the owner and chef at Sitka & Spruce, Bar Sajor and more. A proponent of local and seasonal cooking, Dillon was the winner of the 2012 James Beard Award for Best Chef in the Northwest as well as the 2007 Food & Wine Best New Chef award. Dillon is also the culinary mastermind behind The Corson Building and London Plane. As a former professional forager, Dillon can pick out deliciousness with a single glance and we’re eager to see where he’s lookin’ for his Burger Month flavor.
Renee Erickson: 3/17/15 – 3/23/15
Renee Erickson is another James Beard nominee and a seafood savant. From Whale to Barnacle, her numerous acclaimed restaurants demonstrates the best of Northwest cooking. Combining her passion for great food with inspirations from her favorite places in South Europe & England, you can be sure that Erickson is creating something that will have you fishing for more. Her restaurants include The Whale Wins, The Walrus & The Carpenter, Boat Street Cafe and Barnacle.
Learn more about Renee and her culinary adventures www.reneeerickson.com
Brendan McGill: 3/24/15 – 3/30/15
Brendan McGill is the chef / managing partner of Hitchcock Group, which is comprised of the Hitchcock Restaurant, Hitchcock Delicatessen and Shady Acres Farm on Bainbridge Island as well as the Hitchcock Deli in Georgetown. A semi-finalist for the James Beard Award for Best Chef in the Northwest, McGill has been praised by the culinary community for his delicious creations and is notorious for bringing the freshest ingredients from the farm to the fork.
Learn more at Hitchcock Restaurant
Special Guest Chef: 3/31/15 – 4/6/15
Li’l Woody’s Burgers & Shakes Presents…
My Home, Seattle.
This Holiday season, we’re showing our love for Seattle by giving away a roundtrip ticket (with other prizes) to a Seattleite or a loved one looking to come back home! Share your story on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) between 11/3/14 and 11/26/14 about how much you love Seattle or wish you could bring a loved one home for a chance to win. Be sure to add the hashtag #MyHomeSEA and tag us, @lilwoodys to ensure you’re qualified.
Your favorite Seattle burger joint:
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting stories on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #MyHomeSEA and tagging @lilwoodys.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of Li’l Woody’s, LLC (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Employees of Li’l Woody’s will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: Winners will receive roundtrip airfare to and from Seattle, Washington along with a $100 gift certificate from Li’l Woody’s.
Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally to prizes awarded in Li’l Woody’s contests:
(a) Air travel prize will include only round-trip, coach-class air transportation from a commercial airport in the greater metropolitan area near the winner to and from Seattle, Washington.
(b) Air travel prize will not include overnight accomodations
(c) Air travel prize is based on availability and subject to additional restrictions including blackouts, peak period restrictions and expiration dates imposed by Li’l Woody’s, sponsors and/or agents participating in the contest. These restrictions are not subject to negotiation. In addition, such winners/guests are solely responsible for obtaining any international travel documents, visas or passports required. Reservations are non-transferable and once booked and confirmed may not be rescheduled.
(d) With respect to travel and/or event tickets of any kind, Li’l Woodys and sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed. All cancellations are deemed beyond the control of Li’l Woody’s and its sponsors. This includes, but is not limited to, event cancellations, trip schedule changes, flight cancellations, changes in travel arrangements, travel delays of any form and duration, as well as all delays or cancellations due to acts of nature, terrorism (including threats), illness or war. Additionally, Li’l Woody’s is not responsible for any work stoppage that may affect Li’l Woody’s ability to provide any of the prizes. Li’l Woody’s is not responsible for any expenses incurred by contest winners as a result of such cancellations or delays.
(e) Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include blackout periods, restrictions or excluded items (for example, tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer).
(f) If the winner is not medically or legally eligible for the awarded procedures, the winner will be disqualified and his/her rights to that prize in this contest will be automatically forfeited
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
(a) Participants hereby grant Li’l Woody’s a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Particpants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grantLi’l Woody’s the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any particpants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
(b) Li’l Woody’s is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
(c) Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of Li’l Woody’s. Li’l Woody’s reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Li’l Woody’s and not to Facebook, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
9. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Li’l Woody’s in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Li’l Woody’s is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Li’l Woody’s may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Li’l Woody’s from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest